The Golden Gate Salmon Association is the voice for California Salmon: we are deeply engaged with education, advocacy, habitat restoration and water-rights issues across the state to promote the health and recovery of California salmon and we’re hiring. We’re creating this new position for a Community Development Manager who will work with the Board of Directors and President to develop and implement strategies that engage our supporters through digital and direct outreach programs. Your work will encourage new memberships, inspire advocacy for restoring California Salmon, inspire existing donors, and promote our message to a massive audience.
Ideal work experience:
- Comfortable w/ CRM platforms, email automation programs, Google Analytics and SEO fundamentals.
- Business-level experience managing social media accounts.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office and Google docs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Grow memberships and advocacy for our Salmon: develop and implement data-driven email marketing that promotes membership and community engagement along with fundraising efforts – improve existing direct mail programs – maintain member database
- Content Creation (Design and Copywriting): manage art and assist with copywriting (outsourcing allowed) to improve digital and direct outreach efforts
- Social & Influencer Outreach: manage existing Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Fundraising, donor engagement & Promotional events: assist dinner committees, fundraising events and education outreach efforts
- Website Management & Engagement: manage website content, SEO and analytics – utilize paid advertising to promote traffic (under existing Google Grant)
- PR & Media Outreach: coordinate with PR team to ensure on-brand outreach and promotional efforts
The perfect applicant will have the following:
- A love of salmon and conservation!
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and an ability to work cooperatively with staff, other organizations and the public.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment, manage multiple assignments and coordinate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and creativity.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can spot opportunities in times of change.
- Familiarity and interest in digital advocacy, social media strategy including analysis of initiatives.
Compensation and Commitment:
$30/hr approx. 20 hours per week to start, potential to increase to full time.
You will work remotely – GGSA employees work in and around the Bay Area
You will attend periodic board meetings, educational outreach and fundraising events (once every other month) mostly Bay Area.
Direct report to GGSA President.
Send your resume and optional cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org